Brownies without guilt – Protein brownies.
Have you ever got home from gym and craved something chocolatey? But, you have just been to gym. You can’t obviously have a brownie and throw away all the calories you have just burnt off…. Or can you? Protein brownies are amazing in every way.
We have made some chocolate protein brownies. Packed with chocolatey goodness and uber healthy. They are the perfect after gym snack. Made from bananas, peanut butter, cocoa powder and protein powder it is high in protein, paleo and LCHF.
- 2 cups mashed banana (about 5 medium, overripe bananas)
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup protein powder (you can order the double choc amazingness from amazon)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350f/180c. Line a small 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper or grease well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas, peanut butter. Stir in protein powder and cocoa powder with a wooden spoon. Pour batter into a greased pan. Bake for 12-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting. Cover the leftovers and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
For other great variations, you can replace some cocoa with grated dark chocolate. Or add a teaspoon or two of honey for a sweeter finish. If you are looking to add a bit of flair, try adding some chopped nuts, cranberries or dates.
What are your favorite snacks for after gym?